Zucchini soup? I was skeptical too. It sounds… different. However, I must say I was pleasantly surprised by how delicious this was.
I recently found out I have Candida, which in short has to do with the bacteria in my gut. Basically, I have to cut out all sugars and starches on top of foods I’ve already had to eliminate due to intolerances (whey, dairy, eggs). Therefore, my options have been limited to lean proteins, veggies, and healthy fat. AKA I need more creative options, hence, what led me to trying this recipe. I hope you enjoy this unique recipe as much as I do!
- 1 Large Onion
- 2 Zucchinis
- 1 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1-2 tsp of garlic
- Himalyan salt
- Black pepper
- Take a medium pot and boil water
- Wash and slice zucchini and onions
- Steam zucchinis and onions until soft
- Place sautéed veggies, EVOO, garlic, salt/pepper (to taste- FYI I find the more pepper, the better) in a blender (I used my Vitamix) to blend quickly until desired consistency
- Pour out and enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this take on getting your veggies in. Additional option- add in cooked ground turkey to add texture and protein.