I’ve officially become addicted to soup, specifically having soup for lunch on a daily basis. I’m one of those “pattern” people, so when I start eating something, I have a habit of continuing it until I literally CANNOT eat it anymore. So far so good with soup tho! I’ve been searching for new recipes to make to create some variety for my days.
Since I have so many food intolerances, I’ve been in search of a grain free, dairy free soup. Easier said than done, let me tell you! However, one of my friends recommended I try to do a kale/sausage/veggie soup and wah-la, this was born! I wasn’t;t sure on measurements, but this worked out just fine and it tastes delicious.
- 2 boxes of organic chicken broth
- 1 package of lean mild Italian pork sausage
- 3 cups of chopped kale (add more or use less depending on your liking)
- 10 large organic carrots, sliced
- 1 large yellow onion sliced
- 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a large soup pot with the 1 Tbsp of olive oil
- Add italian sausage and garlic. Cook until meat is browned
- Chop onion and carrots as meat is browning, then add onions and carrots
- Add chicken broth. Stir to thoroughly mix the soup
- Add kale and salt and pepper to taste
- Bring soup to a boil, then let simmer until ready to eat.
I hope you enjoy this simple Kale Sausage soup recipe as much as I have! For more recipes, especially for the weekend, click here!