One of the best ways to stay on track over the holiday season is to be the healthy influence at the parties (and people don’t even have to know!). Yes, it is true– you can be sneaky with bringing the healthy dish or appetizer to the party!
I LOVED making these Healthy Christmas Tree Appetizers because they were so so simple to make! They tasted great, and they were a lot healthier than a traditional chip and dip appetizer (plus, way cuter).
- Pita bread (already pre-cut or get the package with 4 flatbread rounds and cut in small triangles)
- Guacamole (store bought or homemade– I used a wholly guacamole packet)
- 1/2 Tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- Pretzel Sticks
- Cut the pita bread into small triangles if not already cut
- Place the guacamole in a bowl, then add the lemon juice and stir– this helps to keep the guac bright green as the appetizers sit out!
- Chop the peppers into small pieces (these become the ornaments!)
- Start to assemble! Take a pita triangle and smear guac on it
- Add chopped peppers to the top of your pita tree
- Take 1/2 of a pretzel stick and add it to the bottom of your tree
- Repeat for as many trees as you need
See, SUPER simple. Enjoy and have a healthy, happy holiday!