I present to you, gluten free healthy energy bars!
Between the processed bars, the packaged snacks, and the convenience of fast food, it’s easy for us to pick a less-than-healthy option for a snack. However, the purpose of a snack is to fuel your body with healthy energy to help you sustain energy levels, allowing you to remain productive (and not hangry).
I mean, we all love a good snack, right? Right! These healthy homemade energy bars are a great choice as they have natural ingredients, and no- added/processed nonsense. However, I will warn you- they are so good, that you may want to demolish them in a sitting. If you do that, you’ll defeat the purpose of healthy moderation. So, stick to a small bar and you’ll be all set!
- 1 cup of gluten free oats
- 1 1/2 Tbsp of natural peanut butter
- 3 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 3 Tbsp of PB2 (mixed w/ water to on consistency)
- 2 Tbsp organic honey
- 3 Tbsp dried cranberries
- Chocolate chips (optional- but super tasty)
- Add all ingredients into a mixing bowl, thoroughly combining the ingredients.
- Spray an 8×8 pan lightly with non stick spray (I used coconut oil spray) and then press the mix into the pan
- Be sure there are no cracks in the bars
- Place pan in the fridge for 20+ minutes (the longer, the better so they will be more formed)
- Slice into 16 squares and enjoy!
Hopefully you enjoy these as a nice, energy dense, snack on the go!