As I was perusing the grocery store the other day, I saw a package of pre-shredded butternut squash and thought, huh, that would be pretty great as hash browns. And thus, this was born yesterday morning! I hope you enjoy.
- 1 package of pre-shredded butternut squash (was probably 4 cups worth)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped,
- 2 cups of tuscan kale, chopped
- 1 tsp of EVOO
- Pepper and Himalayan salt to taste
- Heat a large skillet with 1 tsp of EVOO
- Sautee onions and peppers
- Add kale and butternut squash
- Place lid over top to speed up the process
- Add spices to taste
- Continue stirring, as it cooks
- Hash is done when butternut squash is tender (I started to see some browning!)
I promise, this healthy butternut squash hash is going to be easy and healthy- enjoy!