Looking for an extra yum factor this fall? Look no further. This easy to make gluten free + vegan pumpkin bread is such a sweet treat! With no refined sugar, no gluten, no dairy, no eggs, and nothing artificial, I must say, not only does it cure your sweet tooth, but it also leaves you with little guilt. Win!
This bread is really easy to make. I’m going to be perfectly honest, I know that there is a proper way to bake (adding in dry to wet ingredients, using separate bowls, adding in one thing at a time, folding ingredients in.. etc) but I just dump it all in a bowl and mix it…. it comes out fine. Ha! But honestly, if you’re a no hassle type of person, try my method.. it works!
Without further ado, here is the recipe!
- 1 1/2 can pumpkin
- 1/2 cup organic palm coconut sugar
- 3 “vegan eggs” (I did 2 chia eggs, 2 flax eggs.. mix 2 Tbsp chia, 1 Tbsp flax and 9 Tbsp water in a small bowl)
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon (I like cinnamon! Use less or more if needed)
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin spice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp himalayan salt
- Chopped walnuts
- Chocolate chips optional (I used vegan chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a small bowl, be sure to mix your flax/chia “eggs” by simply mixing the flax, chia, and 9 Tbsp of water. Allow this to sit and gel
- Mix together the pumpkin, vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and salt
- Next add in the almond flour, coconut flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, chia eggs, and melted coconut oil
- Be sure to mix all the ingredients thoroughly
- Add in nuts and chocolate chips if desired
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and not “wet” in the middle of the the bread
Take this healthy pumpkin bread to a holiday party, or just enjoy for a gluten free healthy fall treat.