Chocolate Chip Cookies… talk about an all-time classic! However, the original all-time classic is not too friendly if you can’t have gluten, grains, dairy, or eggs. This is exactly why I was on a mission to perfect the gluten free- vegan friendly chocolate chip cookie. YUM!
These were so easy to make, and the cookies honestly taste amazing. I was pleasantly surprised and my family made note that although the texture is slightly different, they would hardly know the recipe was allergy friendly. Now that’s a win! I hope you enjoy these as much as we have.
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1/2 cup of almond flour
- 1/4 tsp of himalayan salt
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/3 cup of coconut sugar
- 4 Tbsp of almond butter
- 1 chia egg (3 Tbsp of chia seeds mixed with 1 Tbsp of water)
- 4 Tbsp of coconut oil
- Vegan chocolate chips to taste!
- In a medium mixing bowl, add all dry ingredients in and mix evenly (coconut flour, almond flour, salt, baking soda) *Note the only dry ingredient you do NOT mix yet is the coconut sugar
- In another bowl, melt the coconut oil for 30 seconds in the microwave
- Add the coconut sugar to the coconut oil and mix well, then add it to the medium mixing bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Add in the final ingredients (vanilla, chia egg, and almond butter) then mix dough well
- Finally, add in the chocolate chips, folding them into the dough
- Chill the dough for about 15-30 minutes in the fridge. While you’re doing this, preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until lightly brown
Note- these are slightly crumbly because of the blend of the coconut and almond flour. Nonetheless, they taste incredible.
I hope you enjoy. If you’re looking for more weekend friendly recipes, head here!