This craving all started when my group of coaches who are doing the 21 Day Fix Extreme with me all decided they were going to have the amazing 21 Day Fix Chicken Salad for lunch. As I’m seeing their accountability posts all I could do was want to dive into the pictures and chow down.
Until I realized, darn it, that the recipe includes greek yogurt and while that is a significantly healthier version of the chicken salad classic recipe, I cannot have dairy right now as I’m on the elimination diet.
So, this recipe was born. I know there are other recipes like this already on Pinterest, but honestly mine is quite simple, and quite delicious.
You don’t need to make recipes complex or fancy to be great. Without further ado, here you go!
- 2 pieces of cooked chicken breast (Organic SMART Chicken is my favorite!)
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- 1 cup of red or green grapes
- 1/3 cup of shredded carrots
- Pepper and Himalayan Salt to taste
- In a medium sized bowl, mash the avocado using a fork or potato smasher, until smooth
- On a cutting board, chop carrots, grapes, and chicken into small, diced pieces
- Add chopped ingredients to the mashed avocado, mix until all chopped ingredients are covered in avocado
- Add salt and pepper to taste
You can choose to enjoy it on its own, or enjoy it wrapped in a tortilla or as a traditional sandwich. I used this brown rice tortilla, which was surprisingly delightful.
Let me know if you give this recipe a try. It’s a great way to enjoy a classic with a new healthy spin!