Is there anything better than cozy-ing up to a hearty, warm bowl of chili, especially on a wintery night? I don’t think so… other than making that bowl of chili guilt free, which is exactly what this is!
Enter in the most amazing cookbook, Fixate. Have you heard of it? It was created by Autumn Calabrese who is also the creator of the 21 Day Fix, 21 Day Fix Extreme, and co-creator of the Master’s Hammer and Chisel fitness and nutrition programs.
I love this recipe, so my hope is that you do too. Feel free to double or triple the recipe for meal prep!
- 2 tsp. organic coconut oil, melted (could use olive oil if needed)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 lb cooked lean ground turkey
- 2 cans of pinto or kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can organic diced tomatoes (no salt added)
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp. ground chili powder
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1/4 chopped fresh cilantro
- 8 tsp crumbled goat cheese (optional, I didn’t do this to be dairy free)
- Heat oil in large saucepan
- Add onion and peppers and cook until soft
- Add garlic and cook for one minute
- Add turkey, beans, tomatoes (with liquid), wine, chili powder and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and stir occasionally for 20 minutes until slightly thickened
- Evenly divide between serving bowls and top with cilantro/ optional cheese
*This recipe came from the fixate cook book, and counts for 1/2 green, 1 yellow, 1 red, and 1/2 tsp 21 Day Fix Containers*